Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Thought

So I'm sitting here the day after Thanksgiving, still very full from all the eating that took place yesterday, and decided that I would share with ya'll some of my new thoughts on Thanksgiving. Being that this was our first year away from home for a holiday and being out of the country the whole meaning of Thanksgiving took on something new. I am very thankful, but when you are out of your comfort zone and with people who are not "family" God really starts to show you what being thankful is.
Well, it all started in the morning when we were woken up by the loud construction going on across the street from our apartment. I was a little confused when I first heard them because I could not figure out why they would be working on Thanksgiving...but then it hit me they are not celebrating today! So as we got our food ready to take over to a friend’s house I began to think about how thankful I am and what I am thankful for. Then that turned into, do I show my thankfulness daily, or do I forgot when life gets a little hard how much God does really care for me and how much He has shown up when I needed Him most.
So after spending an amazing day with four other GREAT couples from our school I sat back as I watched Josh enjoy some American football with the guys and heard sounds of laughter coming from the kitchen table full of girls gabbing about anything and everything and said a little prayer thanking the Lord for all the many blessings he has given us even in this country that does not know what Thanksgiving is.
We hope you and your family had an amazing day thinking about all that God has given you!

No comments: